in Wayne County, Ohio
It’s no secret that Central Ohio is known as one of the best places to view the changing colors of autumn. Pair this with the scenic back roads of Amish Country and you’ve found yourself a picturesque match made in heaven.
Wayne County likes to celebrate fall in a grand style with festivals, tractor pulls, farm tours and car shows.
Here is a sample of some of October harvest season celebrations.
- Fall Fun Festival at P. Graham Dunn in Dalton
- Apple Festival Days at Bauman Orchards
- Autumn Discovery Day at Secrest Arboretum in Wooster
- Apple Dumpling Weekend at Whispering Hills Campground in Shreve
- Colonial Williamsburg Festival at Pine Tree Barn & farm in Wooster
- Enchanted Forest at Wilderness Center in Wilmot
- Winery Harvest Festival at Troutman Vineyards in Wooster
- Community Heritage Day on James Road in Moreland
- Farm Tour in Southwest Wayne County
- Bucket & Beans Car Show at the Historical Society in Marshallville
- Apple Butter Making at Smithville Historical Society
- Kidron Beet Festival in Sonnenberg Village
- Fall Festival at Ramseyer Farms in Wooster
Secrest Arboretum, part of The Ohio State University’s Agricultural Research and Development Center in Wooster, is the perfect place to view the changing colors. Open daily from dawn to dusk, you are invited to hike or bike the many trails or take a leisurely stroll through one of its gardens.
Organize a family outing to Ramseyer Farms Maze Adventures and Pumpkin Patch this fall. You can make friends with the farm animals, get lost in one of their many mazes, shoot a potato in the spud slinger, take a hayride into the fields to pick the perfect pumpkin or just sit back and enjoy the scenery while munching on a bag of freshly made potato chips. Visit them online at ramseyerfarms.com.
Nothing tastes as good as an apple fresh from the tree and Wayne County’s pick-your-own orchards won’t disappoint offering special dwarf size apple trees so everyone in your family can experience the delight of picking an apple right from the tree. Our Farms & Farmers’ Market section of our brochure lists hours and weekend festival dates for these farm attractions.
For a complete list of Wayne County festivals and activities see the Visitors Guide and Calendar of Events on line at http://wccvb.com/ or call 800-362-6474 to receive a free copy.
So grab a sweater, pack up the family car and come see why “Fall is Best of All” in Wayne County, Ohio!