- Tours are hourly at 1pm, 2pm, 3.pm and 4pm Thursday – Saturday from March through October. Advance reservations available for groups of 8 or more and a.m. reservations available Monday – Friday
- Location: (Map It) Walsh University at 1875 East Maple Street in North Canton, Ohio
- Phone: 330-490-7435
- Web: Click here
The Hoover Historical Center: A vibrant part of Walsh University, the story of the Hoover legacy unfolds in the Victorian Italianate-style farmhouse at the Hoover Historical Center. This small museum preserves the history of the invention and development of a household product that made a huge impact on housecleaning.
The “Sweeping Changes” chronological display provides a unique walk down memory lane in the boyhood home of William “Boss” Hoover, founder of The Hoover Company. Amid Victorian elegance, visitors view vintage vacuums, advertisements, ladies’ fashions, home décor, and war memorabilia. Interactives are available throughout the tour. Herb gardens enhance the grounds.
The Center offers a variety of programs that have grown to become favored traditions in the community:
- An 1860s base ball team, the Hoover Sweepers, play from May – September, with home matches played at Hoover Park. Visit www.hooversweepers.com for current schedule.
- Outdoor storytelling each summer by some of the area’s best storytellers.
- An annual Christmas Open House includes Santa & Mrs. Claus, live holiday music and a Christmas tree in every display room. Horse-drawn wagon rides and Christmas caroling through Hoover Park are part of the agenda.
The Hoover name is known around the globe. The unique history of the Hoover family and business are preserved and shared on the Hoover family homestead.